Props is a theater discipline that oftentimes lacks formal training. Seán was lucky enough to have studied at the University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana during a time when they offered an MFA in Properties Design and Management. As one of the few prop people holding an MFA in props he considers it a priority to share knowledge and experience with other prop people who want to learn more about the art and craft of prop making.
To that end, Seán has guest lectured and been invited to do artist in residencies with the following institutions and organizations over the last few years:
- East Carolina University
- Blood Effect Workshop & Design for Dracula, 2013
- Marquette University
- Prop Class Guest Lecturer, 2012
- Kennedy Center/American College Theater Festival
- Region 5, Workshop Presentation, Project Adjudication, 2012
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Special Effect Workshop and Design, No No Nannette, 2011
- S*P*A*M, The Society of Properties Artisans and Managers Annual Conference
- Blood Effect Workshop, 2013
- Online Technology Presentation, 2012
If you're interested in having Seán as an artist In residence, guest lecturer, or designer, please drop us a line. We're always looking for opportunities to help teach and spread the Gospel of Props!